Winter Haven Baptist Church exists for the purpose of:
- Presenting the Gospel to those in our community and around the world.
- Providing Biblical teaching and training to equip for ministry.
- Producing Christ-like maturity in the lives of our members.
- Proclaiming and magnifying the name of Jesus Christ through worship.
- That there is one God, manifest in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- That Jesus is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, died as a substitutionary sacrifice for the sin of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave and ascended into Heaven
- In the literal, imminent return of Jesus Christ to earth
- That the Bible is the Word of God without error, the sole authority for life
- That man is a special creation of God, made in His image
- That mankind fell through the sin of the first man, Adam, and that all men are sinners in need of salvation
- That salvation is a gift given through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
- That every person who truly is saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ
- That persons who die in their sins spend eternity in Hell and those persons who die with their sins forgiven spend eternity in Heaven
- That the church is a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus Christ as the Head
Church membership is available for those who are in agreement with our Biblical principles and practices and desire to help carry out this church’s purpose of “Loving God, Loving Others, and Making a Difference.”
To become a member of WHBC you must meet these requirements:
- Acceptance of Jesus Christ for Salvation
- Baptism by immersion
- Attend the Membership Class